About this policy
Who we are
- The pages on the website (“the Website”) are published by De La Rue plc, a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 03834125, whose registered address is at De La Rue House, Jays Close, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 4BS (“De La Rue”).
- The Recruitment Portal is supplied by Net-Worx (2001) Limited (trading as networx), a company registered in England and Wales with company registration number 04278636, whose registered address is at The Engine House Wharfebank Business Centre, Ilkley Road, Otley, West Yorkshire, England, LS21 3JP (“Networx”).
- De La Rue respects your right to privacy and will process personal information you provide only in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, Data Protection Act 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and other applicable privacy laws.
- De La Rue is the controller and responsible for your personal data collected through the Website. Networx is the processor, in relation to the Recruitment Portal.
The information collected and how it is used
- De La Rue will not collect any information about individuals, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by them.
- De La Rue will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, De La Rue will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where De La Rue performs the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal obligation.
- Where you have given us clear consent. We will get your consent before sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
- When you visit De La Rue’s Website, De La Rue’s web server collects some basic information such as your browser type, IP address, internet service provider’s domain name, which pages you accessed on the site, and when. Details of cookies that De La Rue uses on the Website can be found in the Cookie Notice.
- De La Rue uses this information to provide you with and maintain the quality of the Website and to analyse the use of the Website in order to help guide improvements. Personally identifiable information is not automatically collected.
- If you register for the De La Rue news alert service, you will need to provide your name and email address. This information will be held by De La Rue. The information will not be used for any other purpose; it will be stored securely and will not be shared with third parties. By registering for the alerts, you consent to this use of your name and email address.
The Recruitment Portal
- The Recruitment Portal collects only personal data that is specifically and voluntarily provided by you. This may include the following:
- your full name, home address, email, telephone number;
- personal information about you which you include in your CV (where applicable);
- personal information about you which you include in the section “About You” *e.g. your current/most recent job title, your current salary, your highest level of education); and
- your preferences in relation to job alerts (e.g. job alerts frequency, locations, disciplines and salary).
- We will use your personal data collected through the Recruitment Portal to:
- subject to your consent, search your profile or invite you to apply for specific roles and suggest to you the roles which may match your preferences;
- contact you about new roles, in line with the job alerts you set; and
- contact you during the recruitment process.
- We routinely carry out statistical analysis using the data submitted by you through the Recruitment Portal. All data used in any statistical analysis is anonymised.
Third-party use of information
- We may share your personal data with service providers acting as processors based in the Republic of Ireland and the United States of America who provide IT and system administration services.
The Recruitment Portal
- Networx may share your personal data with third parties based in the European Economic Area or the United States of America who provide IT and system administration services, e.g. cloud-solutions provider or an email service provider.
- We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Other than as set out above, De La Rue will not disclose, sell or rent your personal information to any third party unless you have consented to this. If you do consent but later change your mind, you may contact De La Rue (as appropriate) to ask for any such activity to stop.
- However, if a third party acquires all (or substantially all) of De La Rue’s business and/or assets, De La Rue (as applicable) may disclose your personal information to that third party in connection with the acquisition. De La Rue may also disclose your personal information where required to do so by applicable law, by a governmental body or by a law enforcement agency.
- Finally, De La Rue may also collect anonymised details about visitors to the Website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details collected for these purposes.
- Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the UK, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved for use in the UK which give personal data the same protection it has in the UK.
- Whilst De La Rue takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal information that you provide, no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure. Consequently, please note that the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to De La Rue cannot be guaranteed.
- De La Rue has put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so or where it is otherwise prudent to do so.
- De La Rue will only retain your personal data for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or reporting requirements. De La Rue may retain your personal data for a longer period in the event of a complaint or if we reasonably believe there is a prospect of litigation in respect to our relationship with you.
- To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, De La Rue considers the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, tax, accounting or other requirements.
- You can unsubscribe from the De La Rue news alert service at any time by clicking on the relevant link in any of the news alerts.
- You can deactivate your account on the Recruitment Portal at any time, or it will be deactivated after 14 months of inactivity. On deactivation, your personal data will be fully anonymised.
- You have the following rights:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that De La Rue is lawfully processing All personal data held within the Recruitment Portal is also available through the “Download My Data“ function on the portal.
- Request correction of the personal information that De La Rue holds about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected. It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
- Request erasure of your personal This enables you to ask De La Rue to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where De La Rue is relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal This enables you to ask De La Rue to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another
- You have the following rights:
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact De La Rue at: firstname.lastname@example.org.