Beyond clean, green, durable and secure.
SAFEGUARD® was launched in response to central bank demand in 2012. Since then it has become De La Rue’s fastest growing product, already being issued by 24 issuing authorities; nine issuing authorities, including the Bank of England, have selected it as part of their dual supply polymer strategy.
Several central banks have said they moved to polymer because it is cleaner, greener, more durable and more secure than paper banknotes. De La Rue is the only provider of polymer substrate who also manufactures finished banknotes, combining substrate and print design for exceptional product integration.
- Improving the cleanliness of banknotes in circulation
- Improving banknote durability and reduced environmental impact
- Introducing new counterfeiting barriers
- Unlocking new banknote design possibilities
- Dual supply with other polymer banknote substrate
A transition to SAFEGUARD® involves exceptional product design from first concepts to finished banknotes and De La Rue’s expert support at every stage of the process. SAFEGUARD® is provided as finished banknotes to central banks and as substrate to state printing works and commercial banknote manufacturers.