An engaging solution that is hard to replicate.
MASK™ is a simple hide and reveal print feature, appearing as a pattern when viewed normally but revealing hidden numbers or letters when held up to the light.
As well as encouraging engagement with the banknote the effect is lost upon photocopying or scanning and so it increases the security of the banknote. As a cost effective feature it can be used to visually link banknotes in the same series, appearing as coloured or shape variants in a similar position on the note throughout the series.
- Paper and polymer banknotes
- A simple and cost-effective way to enhance the security of a banknote
- Integrating into the background pattern work of the note
- An easy to describe public education message
- Visually linking a series of banknotes using variants on a common theme
MASK™ is an easy to describe print feature that can be integrated into paper or polymer banknotes. It uses a of dark or strong colour, combined with white, to appear as a block of pattern when viewed normally. When held up to the light letters or numbers show through to reveal letters or numbers, such as the denominational value or the initials of the central bank.
Get in touch
We are here to answer your questions about this feature. Simply get in touch with Dr Nikki Strickland, Head of Currency Product Marketing