Supply Chain IT Intern
The Supply Chain IT Intern’s role will be to automate key production planning and logistics documentation. They shall also assist in generating databased reports for PA & T and Banknotes thus reducing the error prone paperwork and ultimately support and participate in ongoing supply chain projects.
- Generate PA & T paper & base stock analysis reports
- Merge PA & T despatch documents to courier shipping documents
- Develop Numbering Schemes and related packing reports, each with robust validation controls
- Develop PA & T job print orders & templates from the system.
- Develop Order Request Forms and their respective Databases.
- Maintain open communication and positive working relationship with staff.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Common to all roles:
- To support the behaviour of working as One De La Rue, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
Our organisation values are:
- Act with integrity
- Drive, Change & Innovate
- Take Responsibility
- Excel in what we do
- Work together
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in IT or equivalent.
- Good knowledge, Windows Operating System Environment.
- Good working and hands-on knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of SQL database platform.
- Good Knowledge of Crystal Reports Report Writer.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals and documentations.
- Ability to conduct research into Software issues and products as required.
Principal Requirements/Succes Factors:
- Good planning, time management and problem solving skills.
- Results oriented and driven by goal achievement with a strong focus on high quality service performance.
- Meet deadlines by being flexible, adaptable and using excellent planning, delegation and prioritisation skills.
- Delivers performance that stands out in the business.
- Drives long-term agenda for own area of responsibility.
- Understands own function within business and industry contexts, and develop priorities and plans.
- Advocate change and sets clear targets in line with larger change efforts to focus people on accomplishing the change.
- Engages others internally and externally by making the case for change and explaining their role in it.
- Ability to provide calm, effective guidance during times of crisis.
- Ability to lead and manage a specialist, high performing team, setting and communicating clear direction and performance standards, and ensuring that all staff are motivated to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) as well as presentation skills.
- Actively engages with colleagues across the business and invests in building relationships.
- Motivates others, and shows others how their objectives align with own.
- Actively contributes to the broader organisation or team, compromising on own preferences where necessary.
- Essential, must be able to quickly and accurately resolve any issues found.
- Continual alignment and adjustment of services to meet the changing business needs by identifying and implementing improvements that support business processes.
- Knows the customer perspective and uses knowledge to anticipate the customer’s requirements.
Other Relevant Competences:
- Be a team player
- Be able to convince others of your point of view, to gain acceptance, support and commitment
- Be able to communicate effectively and to build and maintain networks of business contacts in and beyond the company which contribute to success
- Be able to break down problems into their essential elements, stay focused on the issue, formulate and assess alternatives, resolve conflicts, produce working solutions and decide on a course of action.
- Be able to think and look ahead, beyond the constraints of the current situation, identifies new opportunities and presents and develops new ideas
Email your CV and cover letter to Hr.Kenya@ke.delarue.com