Solution Technical Lead (Linux), Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
The role is expected to carry out implementations, maintenance, configuration, administration, operation, and the support of various high profile IT systems, with a specialisation in Linux Server Administration. The successful candidate will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of the system health, troubleshooting issues that arise and ensure compliance with security standards. In addition, the successful candidate should be a mentor for fellow technical IT personnel.
- Lead the implementation, administration and support of the Linux servers
- Lead Level 2 support for both DLR and 3rd party provided software Install, configure, administer, operate and support a number of complex IT systems
- Lead the generation and maintenance of all technical system documentation, ensuring proper version control is employed in accordance with the latest standards.
- Lead from a technical perspective the root cause analysis to determine both the best course of action for Restorations and Resolutions of incidents, and the resolution of problems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Public Key Infrastructures in use
- Liaise with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers as required, supporting their Level 3 investigations into incidents/problems/requests escalated to them
- Assist in the day to day support for all technical matters in territory and to work closely with the local support company
- Assist in the support of the IT systems at the Malta factory as well as the customer facing systems.
- Ensure IT compliance standards are maintained as appropriate for independent auditing, implement and champion best practise processes.
- Ensure quality is built in throughout the Project life cycle and by managing testing activities to assure the quality of all project deliverables including hardware, software and documentation.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Be part of the on-call support roster
- Some travel abroad may be required from time to time (training, integration testing etc)
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- 3 years experience working in a corporate IT environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux Server Administration gained through working experience
- Formal Linux certification, ideally Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Solid understanding of server hardware and its architecture
- Experience in Application support, patch management, anti-virus updates, and back up management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and able to find root causes, capture learning, share knowledge, and prevent re occurrence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach and support team members with varied levels of experience
- Able to work under pressure
- Analyse problems in a calm and logical manner.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com