IT Systems Engineer
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
The role is expected to carry out implementations, maintenance, configuration, administration, operation, and the support of various high profile IT systems, with a specialisation in Linux Server Administration. The successful candidate will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the system, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of the system health, troubleshooting issues that arise and ensure compliance with security standards. In addition, the successful candidate should be a mentor for fellow technical IT personnel.
- Lead the implementation, administration and support of the Linux servers
- Lead Level 2 support for both De La Rue and 3rd party provided software Install, configure, administer, operate and support a number of complex IT systems
- Lead the generation and maintenance of all technical system documentation, ensuring proper version control is employed in accordance with the latest standards.
- Lead from a technical perspective the root cause analysis to determine both the best course of action for Restorations and Resolutions of incidents, and the resolution of problems.
- Develop a deep understanding of the Public Key Infrastructures in use
- Liaise with technical teams on design, specification and architecture.
- Liaise with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers as required, supporting their Level 3 investigations into incidents/problems/requests escalated to them
- Coach and support less experienced members of the team
- Assist in the day to day support for all technical matters in territory and to work closely with the local support company
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Assist in the support of the IT systems at the Malta factory as well as the customer facing systems.
- Ensure IT compliance standards are maintained as appropriate for independent auditing, implement and champion best practise processes.
- Ensure quality is built in throughout the Project life cycle and by managing testing activities to assure the quality of all project deliverables including hardware, software and documentation.
- Become fully conversant with the application software, how the various software and hardware components interact, and the infrastructure design as specified in the relevant contracts.
- 3 years experience working in a corporate IT environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux Server Administration gained through working experience
- Formal Linux certification, ideally Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
- Solid understanding of server hardware and its architecture
- Experience in Application support, patch management, anti-virus updates, and back up management.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and able to find root causes, capture learning, share knowledge, and prevent re occurrence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to coach and support team members with varied levels of experience
- Able to work under pressure
- Analyse problems in a calm and logical manner.
- Experience in installing and configuring servers Knowledge of SQL and Microsoft Server Administration, and Active Directory
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and database administration (DBA) gained through experience and formal certification/training
- Knowledge and experience of WAN and LAN networks
- Experience working in data centres and secure zones
- Information Technology degree
- ITIL foundation certification
- Knowledge of scripting
- Previous experience dealing with external customers
- Experience and understanding of PKI Solutions (non qualified CA and/or qualified CAs)
- Experience in Secure Signature Creation Devices (SSCD) based on eIdentity cards desirable
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com