IT Systems Administrator
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
The role is for an IT Systems Administrator to support our high profile IT systems located in various data centres, and implementing, managing and administering our systems (Windows and Linux), including servers, biometric capturing workstations and other network devices. The role will involve; supporting the end users and ensuring the current system are all up and running. Working with customers, suppliers and the technical teams to meet and exceed SLAs and KPIs together with continuous improvement schemes of both performance and process.
The role will involve:
- Incident Management – Resolving/ eliminating /reducing client/user reported issues for all devices supported by DLR, including request fulfilment, asset management, and managing and updating assigned tickets on the service management tool.
- Provide Level 1 and 2 support for both DLR and 3rd party systems focused on the area of expertise amongst Operating Systems, Application, Printer Hardware, Workstations, Servers or networking equipment support
- Liaise with customers to resolve system issues
- Liaise with internal teams and 3rd parties as required, supporting their Level 3 investigations into incidents/problems/requests escalated to them
- Assist helpdesk function whenever necessary
- Day to day support for all technical matters in territory and to work closely with the local support company
- Problem Management – assisting with the root cause analysis and determine both the best course of action for Restorations and Resolutions for incidents, and the resolution of problems.
- Change Management - Ensuring changes to the live systems are all adequately planned, tracked, tested, documented, approved and audited with the appropriate back-out plans
- Assist with maintaining IT compliance standards and audits.
- Event management - Monitoring of servers (Windows and Linux), and workstations operated and supported by DLR within the Data Centres.
- Assist with server backups within Data Centres and within the PKI secure zone
- Patch management and security – Updating servers, workstations and equipment (windows security updates and antivirus updates); including all release and deployment processes.
- Following Standard Operating Procedures according to ITIL best practices for and processes
- Use of standard company tools for carrying out respective assigned duties including tools for remote support, monitoring, patch management, asset management, service management, and any other tool used to provide the support and the contracted service. Assisting with the operation and /or maintenance of the tools.
- Knowledge Management - assisting with the generation and maintenance of all technical system and troubleshooting documentation, such as the creation of user guides, manuals etc
- Assist with maintaining and testing disaster recovery and fail-over procedures
- Produce reports and dashboards
- Perform CAO duties with access to the server Secure Zone
- Develop a good understanding of the DLR systems and protects DLRs values by keeping information confidential
- Assist with any other related activity as assigned by the reporting manager/supervisor/senior resources and in the support of the IT systems at the Malta offices as well as the customer facing systems.
- Always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to Environmental Health and Safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- Periodic On-Call stand-by support on rotation depending on team structure for the specific 24x7 service support requirements
- Some travel abroad may be required from time to time (training etc)
- At least 2 years’ experience in one or more for the below areas at 1st and 2nd line;
- Hardware – Server / PC / Printer maintenance / electronics / replacement of HW parts
- Domain Administration - Installing and configuring /administering troubleshooting servers and PCs, management and maintenance of AD
- Security Patching, Antivirus, Application support – Updates for PCs and Servers, Windows and Linux, Physical and Virtual
- Monitoring, Backups & Deployment Tools – Backupexec, LogRhythm, SolarWinds, SCCM and/or WSUS
- Networking - Monitoring / configuration / administration of WAN and/or LAN including Routers and Switches. Performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals – Incident / Change Management
- Degree or relevant certification
- Experience in an enterprise IT environment
- Experience working in data centres and/or secure zones
- Information Technology or related Degree
- Certification Microsoft/Linux/Oracle/Cisco
- ITIL foundation certification
- Previous experience dealing with external customers
- Previous experience dealing with suppliers
- Outstanding customer service skills, with sound judgement, negotiating, and decision making skills.
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com