Assistant Accountant - Fixed Term Contract
Would you like to join one of the largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of industry professionals?
How about joining an organisation whose clients include governments, central banks and commercial organisations across the world?
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
We are looking to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a fixed term contract to join our team in Bathford.
Management of all aspects of cash and credit control, controlling capital investment / assets, administration of intercompany reconciliations, payroll administration / reporting, expense accounting, risk control, taxation reporting, management of back-up tapes, and provisions for sales / quality costs.
To support the integrity of financial control on site, ensuring that all financial processes and procedures are strictly followed and company policy is upheld. Cover for other members of the team as required.
Support for the transition to new Finance systems and processes.
- Credit Control including checks on new customers, control of credit limits and debt collections.
- Control of cash payments, BACS, CHAPS, cheques, etc.
- Cash Flow Management
- Currency cash flow forecasting and management of currency cover.
- Intercompany reconciliations, recharges and agreements
- Ensure adequate provisions are made for Agent’s commissions and appropriate authorisations are in place for payment.
- Commissions & Royalties computations, provisions and payments.
- Input into Forecasts & Budgets as required.
- Month end processing including Sales ledger revaluations and reconciliations, advances and revaluation of Purchase ledger.
- Provision of relevant variable data to Payroll department, analysis of Overtime, calculation of P60 and pay increases and audit checks on payroll payments and maintenance of procedures.
- Expenses Accounting.
- Control the Capital Investment Process and Monitor capital expenditure against authorised projects.
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register.
- Taxation reporting for Group.
- Bank accounts maintenance and reconciliations.
- Insurance returns and ad hoc group information requests.
Assistant Accountant | Accountant | Assistant | Accountancy | Finance | Accounting | Finance Assistant
- Recognised professional qualification (AAT), Final stages of Qualification or equivalent by experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong communication skills as job requires; contact with multiple functions and at many levels within the organisation and external customers.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other MS Office software
- Knowledge and experience of manufacturing environments / systems