Global Support Specialist
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Global Support Specialist to join our Delivery team.
The Global Support Specialist will provide system support and consultancy services for our ID Solutions.
Covering the following key areas:
- Ongoing maintenance and support
- Providing technical responses for new tenders
- Supporting Project implementation from design through to CAT
- Maintenance Visits
- Perform maintenance visits, reviewing and optimising Systems, and on-site processes, recommending enhancements as necessary
- Monitor local engineer performance and make any necessary development recommendations to regional or support management.
- Deliver product health reports to customer and internal management detailing recommendations for product or service delivery improvements.
- Provide technical support to external customers on all issues
- Manage the resolution of all escalations to contractual SLAs; recording, and tracking each step of the problem solving process using a call tracking system
- Support customers and field Technicians during event management and attending site when required
- Assist support management with analysis of product performance in order to identify trends and introduce improvements.
- Ensure that quality is an integral part of the Services delivered to the end customer
- Respond to quality issues, perform and report on in country investigations
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all suppliers & contractors
- Support Environment
- Maintain the virtual support environment, ensuring an up to date representation of all systems is available
- Test service packs and hot fixes as required on the support environment before endorsing their deployment in the field
- Configuration Management
- Maintain an asset register of all hardware deployed in the field
- Maintain a Configuration Management Database covering the deployed versions and configurations on all systems
- Maintain a Definitive Media Library containing binaries and redacted databases for all systems
- Spares & Consumables Supply
- Respond to customer / field requests for consumables or spares
- Confirm requirement, raise procurement form and subsequently ship to customer
- Installation / Consultancy
- Perform site surveys when required, ensuring all the relevant departments have been made aware of any pre-installation issues.
- Support the Implementation team with the commissioning of our Identity solution on customer’s sites as required
- Training and Technical Writing
- Design & review technical training plans and materials for Identity products
- Provide training for Customers, Field Technicians and Global Specialists
- Expert Knowledge of Identity Systems solutions (MIDIS, SIPS, Hardware peripherals e.g. laminators, printers, cameras, fingerprint readers, scanners, passport readers, die punch cutters etc)
- Graduate with degree in software / engineering related discipline or similar.
- Certifications or formal technical training in Microsoft Operating Systems (2003/2008/XP/7 etc), A+ Certification and Microsoft Office applications with proven hands on experience
- Certifications (Microsoft DBA) and/or formal training in administration of either Oracle or SQL Server database products.
- Extensive experience working in a technical support role, analysing and troubleshooting end user issues, via a variety of communication methods.
- Good networking and security knowledge within Microsoft Windows
- Good technical knowledge of desktop pc and server hardware, including internal components and external peripherals
- Practical knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting application software (e.g. OS and RDBMS), hardware and peripherals
- Knowledge and experience in supporting and querying databases using Transact-SQL scripting (Data Manipulation, writing stored procedures etc)
- Experience of testing of business critical packages beneficial
- Report writing skills advantageous (e.g. Crystal Reports)
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytical skills and be competent in process analysis
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements
- A high level of literacy & fluent in English
- Must be highly organised and possess the necessary planning skills, including knowledge of MS Project, to allow the timely implementation of complex Software projects
- Competent at writing training and technical manuals
- Experience of flexible working patterns as out-of-hours support and extensive international travel will be required
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to deploy overseas