How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Field Technician to join our Delivery team.
The Field Technician will provide first and second level support to our Identity customer based in Qatar, covering the following key areas:
- Scheduled machine maintenance
- Server and database administration
- Incident logging
- Incident management
Scheduled machine maintenance
o Perform machine maintenance as per the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule, liaising with the end customer to agree on an agreeable timeslot for machine downtime
o Maintain an accurate record of all machine maintenance carried out
o Review and optimise hardware components, and on-site processes, recommending enhancements as necessary
o Manage the onsite Spares Pack, ensuring availability of critical components by ordering through the Global Service team as appropriate
Server and database maintenance
o Perform daily / weekly checks on log files and server resource availability
o Replace any components as necessary
o Make recommendations to the Global Service team as necessary
o Log any operational issues in a call logging database
o Log any customer complaints directly with the Service Operations Manager
o Perform first response troubleshooting activities
o Where possible resolve or recover system issues as expediently as possible
o Escalate any incidents in danger of breaching SLA to the Global Service team
o Provide local assistance to the Global Support team on any escalated incidents
o Provide a handover record for any incident not yet resolved at the end of your shift
o Provide feedback on reliability and performance to the Global Service Team
o Provide feedback from site to the Global Service Team regarding any gaps between existing product functionality and customer demands
o Provide monthly reports to the Global Service team containing site health, stock levels and the latest incident log
o Provide reports to the Global Service team of any competitor activity and/or potential sales opportunities as and when they appear
o Utilise local knowledge and relationships to assist visiting staff
o Assist the Implementation team with any in country deployments
- Expert knowledge of Identity Systems solutions (MIDIS, SIPS, Hardware peripherals e.g. laminators, printers, cameras, fingerprint readers, scanners, passport readers, die punch cutters etc)
- Degree in software / engineering related discipline or similar.
- Certifications and/or formal technical training in Microsoft Operating Systems (2003/2008/XP/7 etc), A+ Certification and Microsoft Office applications with proven hands on experience
- Certifications (Microsoft DBA) and/or formal training in administration of either Oracle or SQL Server database products.
- Extensive experience working in a technical support role, analysing and troubleshooting end user issues, via a variety of communication methods.
- Good networking and security knowledge within the Microsoft Windows platform environment.
- Good technical knowledge of desktop pc and server hardware, including internal components and external peripherals
- Practical knowledge of procedures for installing, configuring, upgrading, troubleshooting application software (e.g. OS and RDBMS), hardware and peripherals
- Good technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards
- Knowledge and experience in supporting and querying databases using Transact-SQL scripting (Data Manipulation, writing stored procedures etc)
- Excellent presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas and processes to operational users, managers and senior executives either in person or using online presentation tools.
- Strong analytical skills and be competent in process analysis
- Ability to understand and capture business and technical requirements
- Competent at writing training and technical manuals
- Experience of flexible working patterns as out-of-hours support and extensive international travel will be required
- Experience working in a team–oriented, collaborative environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to deploy overseas (short and long haul) for protracted periods of time
- Fluent in English language
- Experience of testing of business critical packages beneficial
- Report writing skills advantageous (e.g. Crystal Reports)