How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
De La Rue has been working with Kenya since before the country’s independence and is immensely proud of the relationship and history it has developed with the Kenyan people and their government. During this time, the company has delivered many varied and significant projects including the first national identity card system and most notably, the print and production of Kenya’s banknotes.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
- Oversee accurate, complete and timely processing and posting of information into the financial system.
- Review and ensure accurate maintenance of all sub ledgers
- Perform and ensure journal entries and account reconciliations are completed accurately and timely. This includes but not limited to accounting for accruals, provisions etc
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register.
- Manage inter-company transactions and balances agreement.
- Prepare Trial Balance and financial reporting pack for upload into the reporting system and head office consolidation within defined timelines
- Prepare draft financial statements at year end for all the entities and co-ordinate the audit process with the auditors within defined timelines.
- Fulfill all Group Reporting requirements including Monthly Reporting, Quarterly Forecasts, Annual Budgets, etc
- Review of job costing, WIP analysis, closed job reports, factory variances and un-recovered time.
- Compile quarterly capex returns.
- Drive monthly financial reviews.
- Management reports for review of financial and production KPI’s
- Manage daily site treasury requirements and ensuring that the company's cash flow is adequate to allow it to operate effectively and forecasting cash payments and anticipating challenges arising from limited cash flow;
- Manage EPZ operator and enterprise legal requirements including but not limited to EPZ quarterly and annual returns, renewal licenses, transaction implications etc
- Manage KRA Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial & logistics tax implications for shipments into and out of an EPZ zone
- Ensure compliance to Income tax provisions - statutory payroll returns and remittances including provident fund returns.
- Compute, complete and submit Import Declaration Forms(IDFs) for Monthly local duties payment and returns.
- Review and endorse reconciliation of withholding tax for payment.
- Liaise and follow up with tax consultant on installment and final taxes and also discussions on tax computations.
- Prepare draft tax computations at year end and coordinate their review with the tax consultants.
- Analysing of historical data for forecasting.
- Filling in data into budget forms and upload.
- Analysing and explaining monthly variances to budget.
- Assist in monitoring monthly expenditure vs. budget
- Preparation of monthly operating statements for local management.
- Provide the lead role during audits. Assist auditors with year-end financial audit and preparation of company’s annual report. Provides required financial information as necessary
- Maintain an active communication with 1. Clearing agents on commercial and logistics matters, bonds; 2. Tax consultants for updates on tax changes; 3. KRA and EPZ on statutory and operational matters; 4. Bank contacts for forex deals, guarantees etc
- Ensure the control environment is maintained and fit for purpose. Including; setting the ‘Tone from the top’ on financial control and governance, testing the control environment, continually monitoring and improving the controls in place, ensuring the are adequate segregation of duties and approval levels in place for all core processes.
- Meets goals and expectations of department while taking responsibility and supervising the departments team members and performs other duties as assigned by Financial Controller.
- Develop and improve current financial processes and procedures
- Key driver in OpEx Savings projects with departments and governance for the site
- Oversee area of responsibility in a manner consistent with the Mission and Values of the Company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong knowledge of EPZ operations, Tax requirements for EPZ operators and enterprise, commercial, corporate treasury functions and financial reporting
- Robust analytical and interpersonal skills projecting a positive attitude and be a team leader and player. Strong organization and time management skills with a proven ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Undergraduate Degree in finance/accounting or Bsc Accounting.
- CPA or ACCA
- Mean Grade KCSE B+.
- Minimum of 3 years of corporate treasury and financial accounting experience in a manufacturing multinational.
- Conversant with standard costing system.
- Proficiency in use off SAP ERP.
Required Skills:In addition to the above the candidate must possess the following skills and competencies;
- Driving Results
- Leading People
- Strategic Decision Making
- Business Awareness.
- Collaboration & Influencing.
- Customer Focus
- Driving Change.
Email your CV and cover letter to Hr.Kenya@ke.delarue.com