The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
- Carry out and record incoming quality audits for incoming raw materials
- Conduct live quality checks as per quality control plan during production (collecting both variables and attributes data)
- Proficient in using the required apparatus to perform quality checks on time
- Input of raw data collected into quality data capture software such as QIS/Q-Pulse
- Interpret statistical data such as run-charts compiled from live quality checks and know when the process is getting out of control
- Make decisions based on statistical data, quarantine products and escalate accordingly
- Reading and understanding of customer specifications, factory orders, drawings, bill of materials, standard operating procedures, working instructions and control plans
- Basic knowledge of FMEAs and how it links to the quality control plan
- Proficient use of all lab equipment
- Perform product validation aided by the use of lab equipment and also verification of the master samples when applicable
- Final product auditing before packing
- Release of the production line on a daily basis and Run-on-Pass sign-off when required
- Flexibility between all business units and support the department as necessary. This might include working different shift patterns and/or acting as a PQE substitute when required by the business to operate smoothly.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.To understand the principles and comply with practices of Lean Manufacturing such as 5S and Continuous Improvement.
- To support Process Quality Expert and participate in continuous improvement projects when required
- Be able to work in a team which will also include other departments such as Engineering/BUs/MP&L etc.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- O-Level Standard of education in English, Maltese and Mathematics
- Good computer skills and the ability to learn, adopt and run new software packages
- Proficient in MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of basic quality tools and their supporting platforms
- Flexibility to work in different business units including different shift patterns when required
- Experience in Quality Department is considered as an asset
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com