- Ensure the cost effective use of manufacturing equipment.
- Ensures all staff has appropriate skill and behaviours and that training and development plans are implemented across their teams to enable employees to meet future skill needs
- Lead an environment that promotes interdepartmental cohesion and communication, aligning key deliverables with supporting functions in order to drive tangible and sustainable improvements in SSPQCD
Leading, developing and managing people
- The Manufacturing Manager should provide excellent leadership to help people perform to their potential through motivating, development and empowerment
- The Manufacturing Manager should focus on creating, leading and maintaining High Performing Teams (HPT), and their structure as part of his day to day, and strategic focus
Providing structure, direction and purpose (Effective communication/regular meetings)
- To Coach, mentor and guide the execution of the OpEx Strategy, methodologies and tools. Ensure stakeholders understand what they need to know in order to perform well in their Operational Excellence journey.
- To lead and facilitate the adoption of lean manufacturing techniques and nurture a culture of continuous improvement towards achieving higher levels of operational excellence. Frequently in the context of Lean & Kaizen, these tools include 5S and Visual Factory techniques, Problem-Solving, Standard Work, PDCA Process Improvement, Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen and TPM.
- Regular reviews to discuss activities, priorities, progress and challenges.
- Promote regular team meetings to share knowledge, resolve internal or external concerns and sharing success.
Setting Standards, Expectations and Objectives
- Be clear about expectations – Business Plans, Team Charters, Objectives and KPIs
- Objectives set and or followed should be specific, measureable, attainable, relevant and time-bound. (SMART)
Driving Continuous Improvement as part of day to day
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business
- Focused on identifying, assessing, and analysing opportunities for achieving the established operational excellence levels in order to drive tangible and sustainable performance improvements in QCD-SSP.
- Directly interacts with organisational teams to align training and improvement plans with the Group and Site Specific objectives, and ensures that projects have clear ownership within the organisation to drive execution.
- Develops Current and Future State maps that provide organisational teams with a roadmap for driving safety, quality, delivery, and cost productivity improvements
- Extract, Create & Analyse Data from OFX and other available sources, translating it into information to drive recommendations for improvement and decision making.
- Make documented proposals (A3 driven) for process and procedure improvements and communicate with management and leadership team on implementation of changes.
- Lead, plan and facilitate improvement/kaizen activities.
- Progress and support a TPM programme based on AM/PM.
- Define blockages to continuous improvement and escalate to leadership & management.
- Identify and specify equipment or tools that can be manufactured or purchased to support improvements.
Key qualifications, skills and experience required:
- Process/Manufacturing Expertise. Ability to communicate vision and explain what good looks like
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing processes. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship management skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Understands principles of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous improvement.
- Experience in the tools and techniques needed to support Built in Quality and Structure Problem Solving
- Ability to challenge conventional work practices and establish new ‘lean based’ ways of working as routine - Serve as a change agent.
- Highly Analytical - Extracting, Creating & Analyzing Data translating it into information
- Able to deliver training and follow up with coaching & mentoring.
- Flexibility to respond to quickly and appropriately to changing business needs
- Degree level education and post graduate qualification an advantage
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com