Purpose of the role:
- To continuously work within the finance team to deliver exceptional results to the business.
- To organise and control all operations in the Finance Department.
- To act as custodian of financial processes and procedures ensuring that they are efficient and effective.
- To identify, develop and maintain efficient and effective systems that provide timely and accurate cost reporting in accordance with Group policy and accounting standards.
- To forecast short and long term profit/loss and capital requirements.
- To actively manage cash flow within the business.
- To measure the company’s performance against financial plans and act as co-pilot to Operations.
- To display the De La Rue values & behaviours.
- Manage the Site Accounts Payable process and team to ensure supplier payments are made within terms and the needs of the business.
- Manage the Site Accounts Receivable process and team to ensure customer payments are made within terms or issues escalated in a timely manner.
- Manage the Site Payroll process and team.
- Own the General Ledger coordinating all processes related thereto.
- Prepare cash flows in accordance with Group timetable understanding variances from plan and identifying the actions needed to manage cash flow in line with the needs of the business.
- Ensure all regulatory and statutory returns are completed accurately and on time.
- Ensure the inter company process is managed with invoicing completed accurately and on time in line with Group policy with mismatches resolved within Group time limits.
- Act as main liaison with local bank. Bank reconciliations are undertaken and reviewed with the appropriate people and the Financial Controller.
- Act as co-pilot for operational managers, preparing KPI dashboard and analysis for review.
- Preparation of labour and material variances to standard; understanding the key drivers and working with the Departmental Manager(s) to identify and implement improvements.
- Prepare budget and forecast information in line with the company timetable understanding machine and labour resource requirements, cost base and financial variances to plan.
- Prepare new job costs for approval in line with the Site governance process.
- Prepare supporting financial information for EA requests ensuring they meet financial criteria for approval.
- Undertake cost centre spend reviews with Departmental Managers and the appropriate people leaders to review headcount needs, labour spend and overhead spending.
- Undertake job close out reviews identifying job specific issues or performance trends for future job costs.
- Manage the inventory process to ensure levels stay within agreed days on hand limits and slow moving or obsolete inventory is provided for and disposed of appropriately.
- Report to head office any analysis of budgets, forecasts and variances thereto.
- Contribute to the smooth running of the Finance department and to its role as custodian.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (MIA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent).
- Manufacturing experience desirable but not essential.
- Experience in payroll, accounts payable and tax compliance required.
- Ability to organize large amounts of information into a coherent and meaningful format while working on multiple prospects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is a must. Proficiency in other Microsoft Office products is a plus.
- Commitment to lead a team, coordinating and supervising group work efforts.
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com