How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
De La Rue has been working with Kenya since before the country’s independence and is immensely proud of the relationship and history it has developed with the Kenyan people and their government. During this time, the company has delivered many varied and significant projects including the first national identity card system and most notably, the print and production of Kenya’s banknotes.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
The Accountant role is to source/collect/generate and provide financial and managerial information for internal and external reporting of the finance team by being assigned part of the roles outlined below.
- Maintain the inventory module by computing standard costs and reconciling inventory rules to general ledger.
Accounts Receivable Management
- Maintain the accounts receivable module by booking cheques & Cards sale invoices and despatch to customer with appropriate backup documentation
General Ledger Management
- Maintain the General Ledger module by reconciling the balance sheet
- Analyse and prepare stock valuation reports and explain variances to budget
- Analyse WIP and prepare closed job reports for completed jobs
- Assist in preparation of Quarterly and annual EPZA reports
- Assist in preparing information for annul budgeting
- Analyse data for forecasting and budgeting, investigate and explain variances and prepare monthly operating statements for local management
- Perform accurate, complete and timely processing, maintenance and posting of information into the financial system, agreeing intercompany balances
- Prepare monthly income and balance Sheet draft statements
- Maintain the fixed asset register
- Preparing schedules for audit for statutory reporting
- Establish overall costs of cheques, cards and currency jobs and advise on pricing
Governance & Control
- Ensure 100% compliance to company internal control procedures to safeguard the company assets
- Filing and document retention in line with company policy and statutory requirements
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies
Safety & Environment
- Meet the safety targets as set from time to time e.g. number of near misses reported
- Participate in conducting of environmental and safety incidents in the team that affect self or directed by the supervisor
- Comply with established security procedures within the factory
- Comply with the set standards within the area, especially location and quantity control
- Participate in the daily audit process as agreed with the supervisor, and give ideas for improvement targeting the 7 wastes
Personal development and team work
- Fully understand the objective of the role and how these contribute to the overall team, site and company objectives
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR0 process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs
- Prepare for and participate in the ongoing feedback process as led by the supervisor
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor if commerce - Accounting Option/ Bsc. Accounting
- Chartered accountant - ACCA (Affiliate/ Member) / CPA (K)
- Mean grade KCSE B+
- Conversant with standards costing system
- Proficiency in use of SAP ERP
- At least three years working experience in a multinational manufacturing company - as an Accountant and a Financial Analyst
Email your CV and cover letter to Hr.Kenya@ke.delarue.com