Continuous Environmental InvestmentDe La Rue understands the impact that its activities, products and services can have on the environment. All of our supply chain manufacturing sites have achieved ISO14001 accreditation for their environmental management systems. We do our best to reduce any negatives and increase the positives by:
- Tracking key environmental KPIs on a monthly basis (waste, energy, water usage). This data is also confirmed at each financial year-end where sites complete an environmental questionnaire to create an overall environmental summary.
- Subscribing to the Carbon Disclosure Project and FTSE4Good
We are working towards achieving a robust integrated approach to environmental sourcing
Accreditations across the Group
Certificate for all manufacturing site
- Covered by a central certificate and one external audit process to meet the new ISO14001:2015 standard
- Group Environmental Management System (GEMS), certified against ISO14001:2015
Preventing pollution by...
Examples of some of our recent environmental achievements are:
- A 'War on Waste' imitative at our supply chain sites to improve resource efficiency, reduce the amount of solid waste produced and evaluate alternative waste management options
- Successful trails of a new effluent treatment process at our Gateshead site
- The introduction of an energy management programme to reduce energy consumption and cost
Preventing waste by...
De La Rue uses Combined Heat and Power Plant (CHP) energy and exports electricity to the grid at some sites
2% Reduction in factory emissions is the target for the current year
We measure our environmental performance using the following:
Greenhouse gas emissions
|Type of emissions||Activity||tCO2e||% of total||tCO2e||% of total||% change|
|Direct (scope 1)||Natural gas||36,120||39.0||39,240||37.6||(8.0)|
|Indirect (scope 2)||Electricity||30,350||32.8||36,084||34.6||(15.9)|
|Indirect other (scope 3)||Rail travel||5||0.0||5||0.0||(0.9)|
|WTT all scopes||15,289||16.5||17,357||16.6||(11.9)|
|Total gross emissions (tCO2e)||92,568||104,294||(11.2)|
|Renewable electricity (tCO2e)||0||0|
|Electricity exported to grid (tCO2e)||238||949||(74.9)|
|Total net emissions (tCO2e)||92,330||103,345||(10.7)|
|Total gross emissions (tCO2e)||92,568||104,294||(11)|
|Total net emissions (tCO2e)||92,330||103,345||(11)|
|Tonnes of gross CO2e per £m||195||226||(14)|
|Tonnes of net CO2e per £m||195||224||(13)|
The scope 1 emissions 2018 figures have been updated to reflect information available following recent reviews, therefore are different to the figures published in the 2018 Annual Report.