Production Manager: Finishing
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge.
The role of the Production Manager is to manage day to day operations of a defined process, ensuring that products are manufactured in line with customer expectations to Quality, Cost and Delivery elements, whilst leading this process towards being operationally excellent, embedding Operational Excellence as part of the day to day.
The Production Manager is expected to lead the transformation towards Operational Excellence and to mentor, coach and guide the development of the workforce towards embedding Operational Excellence as part of the day to day operations via effective management of People, Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Security targets for the assigned process/es.
This, whilst supporting the Process Manager in providing leadership and support to direct reports ensuring they are appropriately motivated, developed and performance managed
About the Role:
Main areas of focus for the Production Manager would include:
- Lead and Empower HPT (High Performance Teams) - Making People before making products
- OpEx - Coaching and Mentoring
- CI (Continuous Improvement) – Kaizen as a way of life
- Operational leadership – Day to day focus on operations management of assigned process/es
- Process/Manufacturing Expertise. Ability to communicate vision and explain what good looks like
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing processes. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong communication, influencing and relationship management skills at all levels, internally and externally
- Understands principles of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous improvement.
- Experience in the tools and techniques needed to support Built in Quality and Structure Problem Solving
- Ability to challenge conventional work practices and establish new ‘lean based’ ways of working as routine - Serve as a change agent.
- Highly Analytical - Extracting, Creating & Analyzing Data translating it into information
- Able to deliver training and follow up with coaching & mentoring.
- Flexibility to respond to quickly and appropriately to changing business needs
Degree level education and post graduate qualification an advantage
Email your CV and cover letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com