Process Quality Expert, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
The role of the Process Quality Expert is to ensure that manufactured products from the process meet the quality standard agreed with the customer. You will also liaise with training of personnel and develop the product and process through continuous improvements activities and corrective and preventive actions.
- Supports the process quality engineer in Process and Systems FMEAs.
- Make decisions based on statistical data, quarantine products and escalate accordingly.
- Drives and supports problem solving sessions on-line or off-line.
- Creates Product FMEAs from Process FMEAs for all new products and regularly reviews and updates current FMEAs as required.
- Be an integral part of the daily production meeting and follow up quality issues.
- To understand the principles and comply with practices of Lean Manufacturing such PDCA, 5S and Continuous Improvement.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- O-Level Standard of education in English, Mathematics, one science subject and another subject.
- ECDL in MS Office.
- Basic knowledge of statistical data interpretation/software usage
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills with previous experience in similar roles.
- Able to train and coach team members.
- Problem solving skills and good use of quality tools.