Process Lead - Prepress, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
We are looking for a manufacturing operative role with team leadership responsibilities to lead a team of Prepress Operators across shifts in a Prepress section. You will work closely with the Front Line Manager, ensuring the self-sufficiency of a high performing team to achieve customer satisfaction. You will be accountable for the safety, security and productivity output of your team through established throughputs and deliver to QCD targets.
You will ideally have experience in a manufacturing environment; have technical aptitude either formal or experiential. Possess good leadership and communication skills both verbal and written. Have ideally ‘A’ level standard of education or higher (Chemistry/Physics/Science would be an asset) and be conversant with MS Office applications. Experience in chemical or manufacturing processes will be considered an asset.
- Drive Safety and Security awareness towards a zero incident mentality.
- Drive a Right First Time Quality approach to quality.
- Ensure section is adequately resourced across the shifts.
- Drive section’s achievement of QCD targets.
- Create, maintain and update SOPs.
- Drive and sustain OpEx systems within the section, and participate in all OpEx Prepress systems required.
- Lead Problem solving within the section.
- Trains other personnel where needed.
- Coordinate between Prepress sections in the absence of Prepress FLM.
- Works with the FLM to drive 8 wastes reduction initiatives and Operational Excellence training/projects.
- To understand the principles and comply with practices of Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous Improvement.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- 5 years’ Experience in manufacturing operations (Prepress experience is highly preferred)
- Quality Training
- HSE and Security awareness training
- Experience in continuous improvement techniques
- Goal Oriented and self-driven
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to train and coach others
- Highly Disciplined and process-driven
- Ability to lead a team
- Positive attitude with a desire to develop and progress
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Continuous Improvement desire
- Flexibility, adaptability and multitasking
- Ability to live by the DLR values as routine
- Proficiency in PC based computing is essential
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]