How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge to join our team in Debden as a Printer. This role will report to the Printing Process Manager on a fixed term basis for a duration of up to 2 years.
You will be joining our site at a particularly exciting time and will be working with professional Printers who are exceptionally proud of the product that they produce.
Main purpose of role:
The successful applicants will join a busy department working within the Print Team to ensure machine output is maximised and quality standards are maintained across the process and individual machines.
- Maximising machine efficiency to produce consistently high output and quality.
- Problem solving on the machine, identifying technical problems and providing solutions.
- Controlling and monitoring associated paperwork and computer records to provide accurate documentation.
- Liaising with Team Leaders and QC to ensure quality standards are met.
- Ensuring machinery is run in a safe & proper manner.
- Ensuring waste levels are minimised.
- Ensuring all Health, Safety and Environmental procedures are followed at all times. Employees are responsible for their own health and safety and that of others.
- Actively participating in continuous improvement activities and contributing to the successful introduction of new plant and processes.
- Producing high specification work on a number of processes.
- Completing preventative maintenance requirements on equipment.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- To support the behaviour of working as One De La Rue, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- To ensure full participation in the performance development review (PDR) process and maintain an up to date record of all training and development activities/programs.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles. Further information on our company values can be found in our “Living the Values” guidelines.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business
Key qualifications, skills & experience:
- The ideal candidate will be a time served printer with several years sheet fed experience.
- City & Guilds accreditation or NVQ Level 3 in machine printing, or equivalent.
- Good colour matching and eye for detail
To apply: Email your CV and cover letter to Debden.Recruitment@uk.delarue.com
Your application and interest in our company is important to us and will be carefully reviewed against the requirements for the role.
Please do be aware that we can receive a high number of applications. Therefore if you do not hear back from us in six weeks, we regret to advise you that this means that we will not be taking your application further on this occasion. However, we do reserve the right to keep your details on file should further vacancies become available.