Personalisation Technician, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
The Personalisation Technician (PET) is a role that contributes to setting up, thereafter programming and optimising the personalisation systems. The role forms part of a team on one cell/line on a shift. Working closely with the Process Manager & FLMs, providing technical support, ways of improving QUALITY, COST & DELIVERIES and developing personalisation queries and forecasting.
- Provide and maintain personalisation printing software and programs.
- Provide data for the shop floor using secure database interactions.
- Run and analyse the planning programme including forecasting for future sales.
- Set up, configure, and act as on site administrator for multiple secure numbering systems using different database structures.
- Administer and control the administration of key data
- Liaise with central IS and third parties
- Assist and work with customers on new projects, parts and products
- Support product engineers and R&D with new product introduction
- Assist and support Sales Dept, Planning and Production in any technical areas of personalisation.
- Develop new methods for efficiency gains within the production environment.
- Aid the deployment of a full scale factory ERP.
- Support Personalisation FLM with day to day activities. (e.g. Reports, production support, etc.)
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Knowledge of various operating systems including legacy ones.
- Knowledge and capability on object orientated languages, C# preferred
- Knowledge of .net scripting techniques
- Database knowledge, SQL minimum, other structures advantageous
- Experience setting up hardware systems and their associated software.
- Knowledge of camera based inspection systems a plus.
- Strong ability in mathematics.
- Undergraduate in IT, Engineering or related discipline.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment not required but is an advantage.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com