Leading Hand Printer, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that an individual Print machine (Litho, Intaglio, Letterpress etc.) is in line with budgeted targets. Maximizes Output and Quality standards whilst adhering to Environment, Health and Safety and Security regulations.
Leading Hand Printer opportunities in Banknotes are available for the following processes:
Litho, Intaglio, Screener, Varnisher, Letterpress and Foiler
- Drive Safety and Security awareness towards a zero incident mentality
- To manage a single print process in the line to achieve daily and weekly targets
- Make readies are completed at the right quality standards and procedures
- Make readies are completed in an efficient manner as per stipulated timeframes
- To ensure that KPIs are known
- To plan and organize labour and machinery on a single machine
- To actively participate in machine routines
- Effectively motivating team members to achieve their best results
- To ensure all correct inks, plates, proofs and numbering equipment are used
- To liaise promptly with Maintenance to rectify faults and report to Print FLM
- To understand the principles and comply with Lean Manufacturing practices, 5S and Continuous Improvement
- Complete documentation and maintain PDCA boards
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- O’ levels in English, Maltese and Maths
- Significant print experience
- Excellent communicator
- Ability to train and coach others
- Highly Disciplined and process-driven
- Ability to lead a team
- Positive attitude with a desire to develop and progress
- Attention to detail with a methodical approach
- Continuous Improvement desire
- Flexibility, adaptability and multitasking
- Proficiency in MS Office/Windows based computing is essential
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to Malta.Recruitment@mt.delarue.com