De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
The purpose of this role is to support the business with a complete and professional generalist HR service also by where needed through the management of a specialist subject area.
- Cover the complete range of generalist services, advising, influencing and when necessary providing direction to members of the management team including SLT members and employee staff.
- Undertake to deliver and be the subject expert on the assigned specialist area.
- To implement HR strategy, processes and procedures in line with business needs and legal requirements.
- Support managers in the implementation and application of HR procedures such as the disciplinary procedure, performance management, etc.
- Oversee the factory’s absence procedure liaising between managers and OH staff ensuring that procedures are followed.
- Lead, participate in, and help coordinate, local union consultation, including producing minutes of meetings where applicable with a spirit to retain positive engagement between the stakeholders
- Manage the recruitment process and oversee training / development of staff in the assigned areas.
- Where applicable ensure that the data in HR systems is accurate and up to date and managed in a lean and effective manner.
- Approach work from the “voice of the De La Rue customer” and at the same time ensuring a positive understanding and management of “moments of truth” with employees.
- Ensure all employees in span of control are correctly advised of Company procedures and practices e.g. leave planning, training and development etc.
- Collating and contributing to monthly HR report.
- Understand the principles and comply with practices of lean manufacturing, 5S and continuous improvement and to wherever possible apply this to own area.
- Understand the principles and work within the spirit of employment legislation also by taking those necessary steps so as to ensure legal counsel whenever needed.
- Work with sound business principles where this is called for but especially in the sourcing and procurement of material.
- To always act and behave in a way compliant with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct.
- The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- An undergraduate degree ideally in psychology, business, or HR
- Ideally working with full CIPD status or an equivalent so deemed by the Head Of HR
- Ideally psychometric testing level A for those specialising in recruitment and selection
- Working knowledge of Maltese employment law
- Some knowledge of Maltese civil, social security and company law
- ECDL preferred but especially advanced level in MS Excel with some knowledge of MS Acess complimenting basic knowledge of MS Word and MS Power Point
- Experience in supporting managers in a business environment
- Ideally experience in running a section or a department especially during times of change
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]