HR Business Partner
How would you like to join one of the world’s largest commercial security printers, and work with an established team of professionals?
At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining and deploying the very best people. If you are looking to work for an international company, with fantastic career opportunities, then we can provide you with a unique and exciting challenge with our opportunity to join our team in Debden as HR Business Partner, reporting to the HR Manager on a fixed term basis for a duration of up to 2 years. You will work as part of a small HR team to support the delivery of a people culture that supports and underpins the business in continuously moving forward and improving, whilst simultaneously meeting customer demand and expectations. To this end key deliverables are the creation of a First Class HR function within Debden achieved through establishing a business partnering approach, where business as usual activity takes care of itself and the focus is on business and functional activities that will ensure we remain our competitive advantage and can be considered an employer of choice in relation to our employment offerings.
It’s a great time to join and be part of a team, responsible for shaping and creating the future of HR within the site.
Main purpose of the role:
To partner the business providing generalist and comprehensive Human Resources support, coaching, advising and upskilling managers in the adherence and delivery of people management activities at an operational level as well as delivery of key strategic business/functional people initiatives that drive the business forward.
- Acting as business partner to the relevant business areas, providing partnering support driving commercially led HR decisions to enable the business to proactively deliver.
- Coach and support line managers on all facets of people management including implementation of policies and procedures, employee capability and development, reward and retention, change management and employee engagement, ensuring fair, consistent and equitable employment practices are adopted and implemented whilst achieving commercial and functional objectives.
- Work alongside management teams in developing the site for continued success, leading on people related projects as required
- Support managers in the effective recruitment and retention of employees to meet the needs of the business in line with standard processes;
- Continue to develop the site Employee Relations framework in conjunction with the site management team.
- Train, develop, coach and advise line managers on dealing with disciplinaries, grievances, sickness absence and performance management/ conduct issues, liaising with Occupational Health as necessary.
- Review and advise on the drivers of labour cost and identify opportunities to reduce/optimise this through workforce planning, use of various labour models, shift patterns, structures etc.
- Manage talent, succession planning and headcount, contributing to workforce planning to ensure total headcount is managed within budget.
- Design and implement training/development solutions as required including induction for new staff.
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with team and function leads, working closely with the CfL to source and organise relevant internal and external training as required
- Support the annual salary review, incentive and appraisal processes for the defined population including associated administration activity
- Support and encourage a culture of employee engagement in line with the HR key plans
- Support the development and delivery of internal communication for recognising achievements, promotions, qualifications, recruitment etc.
- Take responsibility for implementation of relevant HR initiatives within the defined population.
- Responsible for maintenance and provision of employee contracts, including issuing and updating terms & conditions.
- Responsible for day to day transaction of onsite HR Administration within area of responsibility
- Maintain the HR information systems, ensuring that information is updated and audits are carried out to confirm integrity of the data including HR.Net/ TMS and Personnel files (paper and electronic).
- To establish, monitor and report on appropriate people KPI’s in line with site and functional requirements
- Champion implementation of HR Cycle
- Support the identification and implementation of opportunities to remove organisational bottlenecks and increase the efficiency of both business and HR processes.
- Deputise for HR Manager
Key qualifications, skills & experience:
- CIPD qualified
- Previous experience operating as HRBP/HR Generalist capacity delivering against all aspects of HR
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Experience working within a unionised environment
- Demonstrable experience managing and leading change
- Ability to influence and persuade key stakeholders
- IT Proficient
- A proactive approach with demonstrable levels of previous continuous improvement
- Organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a challenging and busy workload
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please email your CV and cover letter to [email protected]