Finance Analyst, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
This role is to provide day-to-day finance support in preparing and delivering accounts for De La Rue Malta.
- Ownership and support of the standard costing model and process, providing accurate information for costing, sales/cost of sales and other reporting purposes.
- Monitoring, accounting and reporting on factory variances on a regular basis as required by the site
- Inventory accounting and reporting including the management of the stock taking processes, reconciliations and reporting
- Ownership of all spoil and destruction authorisation / sign off processes
- Identifying trends in financial performance and providing recommendations for improvement
- Provide support for business improvement projects (e.g. operational excellence, waste management)
- Provide support for the budgeting and forecasting process
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
- Provide support in the preparation of capital expenditure projects as required.
- Evaluating current capital expenditure projects reviewing project outturns and potential overspends
- Preparation of closed job reports
- Month end / year end processes, KPI reporting, and auditor liaison
- Assist operations and the departmental heads in interpreting and understanding financial / performance trends.
- Monitor and reconcile balance sheet items (e.g. provisions/accruals/other assets) specific to the site operations
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Part qualified accountant (ACA / ACMA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent).
- Experience of working in a manufacturing environment desirable
- Cost Accounting knowledge and experience
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]