Compliance Officer, Malta
DE LA RUE is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
This role is to establish, implement, maintain, follow up on identified issues and continually improve a Security Audit Programme covering Physical, Product and Transportation Security aspects, processes, policies and procedures to ensure compliance and minimise security risks throughout the value chain affecting the Malta plant operations. The efforts of the Security Auditor shall contribute to the enhancement of the existing Security Management System therefore is an essential component of the system.
- Operate within the Corporate (De La Rue Group) Policies, Security Standards (including CWA 14641:2009 and ISO 14298:2013) and other Codes of Practices
- Establish and maintain a security internal audit plan highlighting elements to be audited and their frequency on a day-to-day basis
- Conduct internal audits in a responsible, ethical and professional manner in order to facilitate communication with auditees and obtain information and evidence efficiently
- Input Nonconformities, Observations and/or Opportunities for Improvements in a central database in order to facilitate communication with the process owner who is responsible to document a planned corrective action to resolve issue
- Report immediately any major or critical breaches of security to the SRC Manager
- Liaise with SRC team to implement prescribed security procedures and practices, including the effective integration with the manufacturing processes for all operations on site
- Provide advice and guidance to all employees to ensure procedures are followed and understood
- Supervise sensitive security movements
- Coordinate effectively with other key departments (including Quality and EHS) in order to realise the vision of an Integrated Management System
- Act and behave in compliance with all De La Rue company guidelines and policies, especially those relating to values and behaviours, environmental health and safety, ethics and codes of conduct, as it is through living our values that we strengthen the culture of our business, and demonstrate our understanding of our Code of Business Principles.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Professional, impartial and diligent
- Observant, inquisitive, eye for detail
- Calm, analytical, respectful, trustworthy, steadfast and open-minded
- Good communication skills
- Coordinating, moderating a team of people for problem solving
- Product Security experience
- Security auditing experience
- Problem solving experience
- Computer literate- experience working with databases, Word, Excel or similar, desirable
- Security qualification- City and Guilds, BTEC, SIA, NVQ or similar with security team experience
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]