Automation Specialist, Malta
De La Rue is the world’s market leader in currency printing and has successfully printed currency in Malta for over 40 years.
Our new investment in Malta continues to strengthen the production of currency for our global customers whilst expanding our operation to deliver citizen identity and product authentication solutions for our customers making our Centre of Excellence in Malta a unique one stop shop for governments towards a secure global economy.
This role is to ensure the maximum possible availability of production facilities by the most effective deployment of resource to the maintenance of the plant, equipment and machinery.
To provide necessary technical expertise and support in the Electrical/Electronic field when it comes to Programmable Logic Controllers and related machinery equipment.
- Provides ad hoc technical response to a machine/process situation with a target of improved MTBA/MTTR on machine availability.
- Be a technical reference point to his colleagues when it comes to in depth fault-finding in the sequential logic of the machine.
- Delivers machine/process/infrastructural related sizeable projects which contribute to an improved process QCD and/or HSE matrix. Project management involves design, procurement, build, installation, validation and commissioning.
- Lead Acceptance Tests on behalf of De La Rue at OEM and manufacturing sites
- Maintain an in-depth and up to date knowledge of the extent of major breakdowns and progress of works. Be able to assess the likely condition, duration and completion time for major breakdowns and report to his manager.
- Coach/Train, Maintenance/Operations personnel to introduce new systems/techniques allowing the smooth progression towards an operational excellence team.
- Embraces the principles of Lean Manufacturing, Total Productive Maintenance and the need for Continuous Improvement.
- Embrace the operational excellence strategy by carrying out audits and identifying/rectifying gaps to allow room for improvement and achieving higher levels.
The above list is not exhaustive. You will be required to undertake other duties within your capabilities, consistent with this role, to support the needs of the business.
Key qualifications, skills and experience:
- Electronic Engineering certification from a recognised institute.
- Proven track record for electronics fault finding
- Proven fault finding capabilities, in all fields of mechatronics, i.e. electrical, electronics,
- Proven expertise in programmable logic controller such as Siemens, Mitsubushi,and/or Allen Bradley
- Proven experience within a production/ manufacturing environment and ability to have a hands-on approach to better assist the engineering team.
- Has the ability to communicate to technical and non-technical audiences.
To apply, please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]